6.13.2013

my beauty secrets: aquage + velcro rollers

aquage uplifting foam and my trusty rollers

i have such a love/hate relationship with my hair.  

i gave up fixing it a few years ago and just got extensions.  since taking them out, i've had to learn how to fix my hair all over again.  it's been challenging because my hair has changed since i started wearing them. (2 kids and several years have a way of changing your hair's texture.)  it's whisper thin, and doesn't grow, but i have recently made peace with it, and have actually started to enjoy fixing it again.  

i'm a hoarder of volumizers and root lifters. (i could probably open a hair product museum.) everything pulls my thin locks down.  i achieved the little volume i had with velcro rollers.  yes, just like the ones your grandma or mother uses!  my hair can't tolerate the direct heat of hot rollers, and i've been using this same set of velcro rollers since college.  my recent discovery is from a wonderful blog that has really helped me re-learn how to do hair.  pinterest famous kate bryan over at the small things blog raves about aquage uplifting foam, so of course i had to give it a try.  you can only get it at select salons, but there was one right by my house.  you can find it here. 


i put a small amount on my crown, massage it into my scalp, and comb through.  i blow dry my hair upside down until it is almost dry, then roll.  these stay in my hair and i use all 8.  if you have long, course hair, this may not be for you, but i just wanted to share what's been working for me. :)


i leave them in while i do my makeup, get dressed, and have my second (or third) cup of coffee, until my hair is completely dry.  to date, I HAVE NOT LEFT THE HOUSE in them.  the last thing i do before i leave the house is gently take them out and finger comb my hair.  i use the tiniest amount of hairspray.


the aquage gives me the volume that none of the others could do,
and i don't have to tease it.  it doesn't leave any residue on my hair, only fullness.
*for a tighter curl, i blow dry my hair completely
and curl it with a curling iron on low heat before rolling.*  

No comments:

Post a Comment