2.25.2013

healthy hearts


have you ever googled the benefits of coconut oil? if it really does all that it's supposed to, shouldn't we be bathing in it and ingesting it daily? it's apparently a miracle substance, and since i've been using it in my beauty regimen, i've really noticed an improvement in my skin and hair.

i've been wanting to find a way to incorporate it into my diet, but i am really partial to cooking with olive oil.  my friend melissa came over the other day and whipped up these little cuties for me.  they are made with 4 TBL. melted coconut oil, 4 TBL. unsweetened cocoa and 1 TBL. honey, mixed well and frozen in my little heart candy molds.  it made about 8.  if you don't have a candy mold, just spread on wax paper and freeze for 15 minutes, then break apart and store in the fridge.

it's a nice way to have a "little something" that's 100% healthy and extremely high in antioxidants.  
disclaimer:  if you do not like DARK chocolate, these aren't for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment